1996 P42 cutless bearing size

Dec 29, 2016
44
Hunter Passage 42 Ocracoke NC
I am going to haul the boat the beginning of October and may have to replace the cutless bearing. I have been told by a diver that was cleaning the hull that there may be a small amount of wear/play in it. The shaft is 1 1/4" (ID) but does anyone know the exact size (OD and length)? I'd just like to have it on hand. I may have the yard do it or if they have a press/puller that I can borrow, I will do it myself.

Thanks,
 
Sep 14, 2004
208
Hunter 42 Deltaville VA
I have had mine replaced twice over 30 years by the shipyard at the Hunter dealer where the boat was purchased. However, I can't answer your question because I leave it to them. Can you ask your yard? And the shaft is 1.25 OD but the length is something that would have to be measured.