1994 Hunter Legend 35.5 Battery Charger Location and settings

Sep 27, 2014
Hunter 35.5 Legion Oceanside
Greetings, I am struggling to find the exact location of the battery charger, Actually I think I have located it next to the Battery Bank manager. I have switched to AGM Batteries and it doesn't appear there is a way to change the output required to charge AGM batteries

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I'm sorry, but with that meagre description you've given, even the smartest of electrical types here couldn't contribute one iota of help.

Please provide the following information:

- name, model, capacity and anything else you can obtain from the battery charger.
- describe in full the "battery manager" you have located.
- describe your battery bank(s).
- describe the wiring of your battery distribution switch.

The age and make of your boat has nothing to do with the electrical equipment installed. In other words, it's not like a car.

Others will have other data required.

Sep 27, 2014
Hunter 35.5 Legion Oceanside
I'm sorry, but with that meagre description you've given, even the smartest of electrical types here couldn't contribute one iota of help.

Please provide the following information:

- name, model, capacity and anything else you can obtain from the battery charger.
- describe in full the "battery manager" you have located.
- describe your battery bank(s).
- describe the wiring of your battery distribution switch.

The age and make of your boat has nothing to do with the electrical equipment installed. In other words, it's not like a car.

Others will have other data required.
Thank you, I understand all of this, This was meant to be a question for someone who may have experience with a 1994 Hunter legend 35.5 who may know where the default location would be for the battery charger
My boat has
1. Xantrex heart 1000 Inverter/Charger,, which I am replacing with a freedom 458 2000W
a. The battery charger component automatically engages when shore power is engaged
2. The boat according to sketchy documentation has a separate battery charger for the starter battery
a. There is a switch (rocker switch) on the electrical panel that is labeled Battery Charger, which indicates that the sketchy documentation about it might be correct.
b. My hope was that someone who has familiarity with my model and year might have suggestion of where to start to look for the separate charger
c. In the starboard rear locker in the cockpit there is a a square box bolted to a bulkhead between that locker and another locker at the starboard stern.
d. There is a Multibank Battery switch installed in the box,, there are other misc. objects that are available, not germane to my question
e. There is also what appears to some sort heat dissipater with wires coming out of the box attached to it.
i. It has fins, but no other markings, something you might see on a onboard charger?
3. When time permits I'll take pictures if anyone thinks that will help?

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 35.5 Shady Side, MD
I own a 1995 Hunter Legend 35.5.
The battery charger is in the starboard rear locker in the cockpit under the floor. There is a space under it, just left of the holding tank. I have access to it 2 ways, one from the locker itself where I can remove the floor, or from the inside aft cabin. When I purchased the boat it had a cut out of the rear bulkhead to get access to the holding tank.
Check:
Hunter 35.5 Owner Modifications and Upgrades

I am in the process of replacing the original batterie charger with a Xantrex XC 2000. I will install it at the same location of the old one and run a remote control panel to the nav station.