1994 Hunter H26 trailer bracket

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
Anyone have photos / measurements of the brackets that attach to the bunk board? Mine were made by P O and I want something better Thanks :)

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
You might find some info here to help. Basic portions of the 26 where carried forward to the 260.

the link is to the site of a former member of this site. He has a wealth of information regarding our boats.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Jimmy
Can you post a photo to confirm what I think you are talking about. I was present when the trailer was being designed for the 26. The trailer was first built by Hunter after raising concern to be built by a local trailer mfg, KWS. Basically hunter turned over the mfg of the 260 trailer to Magic Tilt following the H 26 trailer design as the two hulls were identical. Around 2002 or close to that, a customer was pulled and cited for too much overhang in Texas which resulted elongating the back of the trailer.
The reason for the photos is a question of guides or the brackets that hold the bunk boards to the supports
Crazy Dave

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
image.jpg
Currently I have two 2x6 stacked because the boat was resting on keel I know that’s not good the PO put these on and I need an extra inch of height so was wondering what others look like

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If correct that is galvanized tubing. I would replace those supports with new ones 5 or 6 inches longer all way around eliminating the top board. As for the current brackets it is obvious that the previous owner made them. Get rid of them making bottom section longer so they can swivel.
@rgranger advised sending a photo. Thank you sir.
You were very observant regarding the centerboard needs to rest on the keel tray without being jammed between boat and keel tray. Good call to get help here

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
If correct that is galvanized tubing. I would replace those supports with new ones 5 or 6 inches longer all way around eliminating the top board. As for the current brackets it is obvious that the previous owner made them. Get rid of them making bottom section longer so they can swivel.
@rgranger advised sending a photo. Thank you sir.
You were very observant regarding the centerboard needs to rest on the keel tray without being jammed between boat and keel tray. Good call to get help here
Thanks Dave

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I can get you pics Monday
I can get pics this evening if you still need them. Please let me know exactly what you need so I can get the correct pics. My boat is on a trailer about 100 yards from my place so it is not a problem at all.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
I can get pics this evening if you still need them. Please let me know exactly what you need so I can get the correct pics. My boat is on a trailer about 100 yards from my place so it is not a problem at all.
That would be great does your trailer have 3 upright supports I’ve seen some with 4 with an additional channel beam in the rear of trailer also are your bunks 2x6 or 2x8 any photos of your uprights and brackets will help thanks

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
That would be great does your trailer have 3 upright supports I’ve seen some with 4 with an additional channel beam in the rear of trailer also are your bunks 2x6 or 2x8 any photos of your uprights and brackets will help thanks
Okay

Shoot me a PM with a number and I'll text the photos directly from my phone as I take them.

r

Dec 20, 2020
Prindle 16' Corrotoman River, VA
Some pictures from my 1995 H26.

I will add some text now that I'm at a keyboard (hate typing on my phone).
Mine has 3 uprights, the side bunk appears to be closer to a 2 x 8 then a 2x6. With the padding on it it was hard to measure but looked to me the wood was more like 7" wide.

The CB support bunk ends about halfway down the CB so only the aft end is supported. See the same on yours. Perhaps it was designed that way to keep the weight off the CB pin? I grabbed the front of the CB was able to rock the front back and forth but don't think I can move the aft end of it.

You didn't ask but if you are wondering the CB bunks (there are 2 side by side) are 1" x 8" x 8 Ft. (I think the 260 is a bit different) Oh and the LH one is removed in the picture as I'm working on it. Yah the boat is a little off center. (I didn't load it.)

Thaniel

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
One thing on some trailers that the supports were not long enough. Why? The swing centerboard was jammed between the da boat and da trailer. I would sometimes have to call my friend at Hunter to advise. He would send new longer supports knowing he would not receive a claim. He now listens to all of you.

@Jimmy and @Thaniel
Thank you. I am trying to follow up with questions and ask allowance this week to catch up as I am making inquiries.
Dave