1991 Hunter 35.5 Legend-Head Faucet Replacement

Jul 29, 2019
Hunter Marine Legend 35.5 Madeira Beach
Trying to find access so I can remove head combo. sink/shower faucet. Sits on fiberglass ledge on starboard interior fiberglass panel. No obvious access and really don't want to proceed without some imput. In 1991 Hunter Legend 35.5. Thanks for your replies.

MDBack

May 9, 2013
Hunter Legend 35.5 Cornucopia, WI
Hi Blaster,
We have a 1993 Hunter Legend 35.5. I think you're talking about the shower sink that sits on the fiberglass panel ledge in the shower area. We have the same setup. I believe that the whole fiberglass panel is just siliconed in place around the edges on that starboard wall as there are no visible fasteners. My guess (I haven't needed to get inside there yet) is that you would need to carefully cut into the silicone around the edges to remove that panel and gain access to what is behind there. I think it's worth a call to the factory to inquire. Marlow-Hunter factory phone number is (386) 462-3077. Good luck!

Jul 29, 2019
Hunter Marine Legend 35.5 Madeira Beach
Thank you so much. Yep you are right that seems to be how to do it. Clearly behind a teak horizontal trim piece there is a seam. Teak strip on our boat has multiple screws. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Once deed is done I will update thread to help other owners should they need to retrofit shower faucet. Appreciate response.