1987 Catalina 22 Circuit Panel

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
Adding some USB Ports and Battery Voltage Indicator and not sure where to connect these devices.
From what I recall, the Original " Catalina" Circuit Panel panel has a System ( below ) and Accessory Toggle Switch at the top.
The System Toggle has a different type fuse device that is not a twist cap old school fuse so I would guess this switch is the battery lead that needs to be on if choosing other panel functions like running lights, etc.
I assume the System is where the USB Plugs are to be connected?
Owners Manual Panel Type is not the same as is in the boat currently. It has the Catalina name at the top of the panel so would guess this a factory install......................

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I upgraded to the panel linked above, and installed bus bars just aft of the panel. This is the view lying on your back, head aft, looking up at the bus bars. The lower left bar is for cabin accessories like USB outlets.

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
Gene,
Why the +Voltage Buss?
The $199 CD Panel has only one (+) connection with 2-Zone Shut Off Switches and a single (-) Buss?
Do you happen to have a photo of the back of this $199 CD 7.5" Panel with the connections made?

Sep 30, 2013
I don't, sorry.

That horizontal bus is for the interior lights and power outlets. Too many wires to piggyback on one switch.

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
What thickness of wood substrate did you use, and product used to adhere these wood elements to the bottom of the cockpit structure?
I like this application and want to make sure the adhesive I use has some history with your application.
Thanks,

Sep 30, 2013
I'm not sure on the thickness. 3/8-ish? It's scrap from our Albin Vega, so it's metric. I adhered it with thickened epoxy.