1987 Catalina 22 Canvas Source

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
About to purchase a 1987 Catalina 22 and finding other sources for these products and other items much less than the Catalina Direct Store.
Are there some other sources available besides Catalina Direct?

Items:
Bimini, Head Hank On Sail Bag, Main Sail Wrap, Companion Way Cover for 1987 Catalina 22

Feb 20, 2016
Catalina 22 Palm Harbor
Learn something every day. Appreciate the heads up. Was under the impression that Catalina Direct was the best source.
As you can imagine, with an early model purchase 1987 Cat 22, I'll have now found that "Black Hole" to drop some cash in.
Appreciate the timely response

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
We make a lot of nice canvas!
I'm already in the group waiting for when COVID's supply-chain mess clears up enough you can take more canvas orders (a C-22 companionway cover, in my case). Maybe you can post a general announcement when your suppliers are catching up.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Sailors tailor is another great source. If your handy with a sewing machine you can make your own covers easily enough as well. As for the Bimini ebay along with many other resources seem to offer decent prices as well.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
.......Bimini, Head Hank On Sail Bag, Main Sail Wrap, Companion Way Cover for 1987 Catalina 22
Lots of on-line suppliers. Do an internet search on what you want, take measurements and compare prices like these sources:

Bimini: 2 Bow Bimini Top Kit | EmpireCovers Coaming mount custom bimini (sailboatowners.com)
Hank on sail bag: Hank On Jib Bag (leesailcovers.com) Jib Bag-Small (27″x35″) | | Masthead Sailing Gear
Main Sail Wrap (cover): SBO 420D 8-9ft 3M Sailboat Cover Blue Sail Cover Mainsail Boom Waterproof Protection | eBay Mainsail covers (sailboatowners.com) (leesailcovers.com)
Companionway cover: Companionway Covers (sailboatowners.com) Catalina (ameriseam.net)

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
I'm already in the group waiting for when COVID's supply-chain mess clears up enough you can take more canvas orders (a C-22 companionway cover, in my case). Maybe you can post a general announcement when your suppliers are catching up.
We are cranking out stock items, patterned items, it is custom items like the companionway cover which we don't have a pattern for that are on hold for now. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Dave Groshong has a Catalina and suggest working with him. Everyone has given you good advice. Surprised about Catalina Direct but have been out of the business since 2012
Catalina Direct is not owned by Catalina Yachts