1987 30 MKII deposit today

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
Chrisings, sorry, haven't been on the forums for awhile and just saw this.
The boat came with that microwave in it. Its pretty convenient actually. I've never seen one so small. You can just fit a plate inside of it. I'll take some pics of the back for you a little later today if I can.

Nov 14, 2013
Catalina 30 MkI 1983 TRBS Westbrook, CT
Thank you so much. That's a really nice install and it is now on my never ending list of things to do.

Jul 1, 2004
Catalina 30 Atlanta GA
Both Mark ll's are beautiful! I have the 1988 model and I was curious as to what that flooring is on Hog Heaven. Is it glued down laminant? We are using a bunch of throw rugs right now but are considering carpet or some type of faux wood flooring. Also, if the bulkhead mounted TV is run on AC power, where did you hook into for the power source?

Thanks and congrats on the purchase. Mark II's are wonderful!

Bob
1988 Mark II
"Breezin II"
Georgia

Apr 27, 2014
Catalina 30 1986 MkI Newington Nh
I run an extension cord from the 120v outlet above the ports side of the saloon. I would trying to figure out a permanent solution but haven't come up with one yet. I am wrestling with flooring options also. The white is so hard to keep clean. I have been looking at stair runners as a solution but I can't seem to find one the Admiral likes. I have not been a lot accomplished, the snow is so deep I haven't been able to get on board.

Oct 29, 2014
catalina 30 MKII DCYC
Hi Bob,

The floors are some sort of laminate installed by the PO. Not sure if it was peel and stick or he used some sort of glue. We like it also.
For the TV we run an extension cord from over he fridge, and tuck it behind the port seat back cushions. Underneath the cushion next to the bulkhead against the head I have a power strip that runs the TV and the antenna.

Regards,
Nels

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I have a single piece of carpet on my MkII that the PO installed. My wife and I originally wanted the fake wood rubber mat instead, but we've grown to like the carpet. Feels good without shoes.

I installed an inverter for my TV just under the NAV table, then I ran AC extension cord (yes, I went cheap, not marine grade... :doh:) fed from the breaker panel on the starboard side with all the other wiring (above the top shelf) all the way through to the closet, then inside across the V-Berth, then into the head and under the sink counter and ends in the forward corner under the port setee. The TV's own power cord goes through some Nice-Duc against the mast post down to the setee and plugs in there.