1986 Hunter 31 Mast Weld

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Here are a couple pictures of when I went up the mast yesterday. The rigging connections are much different then Patecos from what I can tell.
The bottom looks very similar, but I moved my main sheet so that it is back at the traveler instead of running forward to the mast. The top of your mast does look different. Added wind instruments, and I can't figure out what the weld in the top left of this picture is for.

Did you take any more pictures?

Aug 2, 2014
Hunter H31 VISA
The bottom looks very similar, but I moved my main sheet so that it is back at the traveler instead of running forward to the mast. The top of your mast does look different. Added wind instruments, and I can't figure out what the weld in the top left of this picture is for.

Did you take any more pictures?
Here are two more but they are not very good....something about clinging on for your life always changes my attitude on how many pictures I end of taking. I believe the welds are the mast head welded to the mast. IS this how it is on yours?

Attachments

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
The mast in question was tapered at the factory. You have one with less weight aloft and easier to bend. You are one of the lucky ones. Enjoy it. My Legend 35 had the identical taper. It was a fractional rig boat. If yours is the only one in the world, then be happy. You will be able toget a tighter headstay going upwind and depower the main by tightening the back stay.