1985 26' O'Day bilge pump

Jan 26, 2015
Oday 26 Nashville, TN
I've considered it but just manage with the manual pump that's installed in the starboard lazaratte. I don't know if the bilge is really deep enough to fit/use a electric pump.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Depth was my problem. I bought this one http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|51|2234226|2234229&id=938565 and put a cigarette plug on the end to plug into the DC outlet if needed.
I only used it once when the cockpit drain through hull cracked and rain water filled the bilge. Mostly what water I get is handle with a large sponge bucket.

But you do have more through hulls so I can see why you might want to. I forget what you have but if you have an inboard motor that is another reason for a permanent bilge pump.

Apr 15, 2015
Oday 26 Gloucester
If it helps, there is a bilge pump in the 26 I just purchased. It is under the cabin sole. It is a whale gusher 500. I have not tested mine yet. I was thinking about letting the water tank drain into the bilge for a test. I need to get the "winter" water out of the tank. Any thoughts on this? There is a pump switch in the lazzerette but it does not turn on the pump. Also the po connected 2 of the 3 wires on the pump. The brown wire is not connected.

Apr 25, 2015
Oday 26 Oscoda, MI
If it helps, there is a bilge pump in the 26 I just purchased. It is under the cabin sole. It is a whale gusher 500. I have not tested mine yet. I was thinking about letting the water tank drain into the bilge for a test. I need to get the "winter" water out of the tank. Any thoughts on this? There is a pump switch in the lazzerette but it does not turn on the pump. Also the po connected 2 of the 3 wires on the pump. The brown wire is not connected.
Where is your pump out line from the bilge running to?

Apr 15, 2015
Oday 26 Gloucester
It runs under the stairway bulkhead and exits thru the hull on starboard side above water line. Near the battery.

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 26 Lake Keowee,SC
On my 85 Oday 26 there is no room in the main bilge for a pump. Although there IS room behind the bulkhead where my indoard is. In front of the motor is the lowest point of the bilge and a good spot for a pump. Next question is water exit point... Make sure the pump will LIFT water high enough to exit. Good luck

Apr 15, 2015
Oday 26 Gloucester
My 26 has the pump under the main cabin sole. It's a real low profile WaleGusher Sub 500 I think the model is. The exit hose goes under the bulkhead end exits near the main battery station.

thanks