1984 vintage motorola alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2007
- - Pasadena Md
Anyone out there know the modle of the Mortola Alternator provided on the Universal Engine in a 84 Catalina 30? The regulator has failed and I need to order a new one but can't find any information on the alternator in any of the documents I got with the boat.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Here's a 1986

picture. Download it and blow it up to read it.

You may also be interested in this, pertaining to replacement alternators and Catalina electrical systems from "our" era of boats and system designs. http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Catalina_34_Electrical_System_Upgrade

Maine Sail also has a discussion about Leece Neville regulators and alternators on his website.

We chose to replace our 20 year old alternator a few years ago and upgrade our electrical engine driven charging system.

Attachments

Aug 27, 2007
- - Pasadena Md
Re: Here's a 1986

This is great stuff Stu! I I saved it for future reference. BTW I have made improvements insluding reserecting the manual external alternator control, increase Batt capacity and segregated the shore charger so at least I have control over which Battery(s) are charging. I also added a third small emergency battery which provides significant ease of mind. I can not read the lable on you image, I fried the internal regulator when I caused and arc messing with the wiring. The alternator still puts out if I engage the external controller so I'm sure it's the internal regulator. I can not find any label on mine so I do not know what to order or from where. Guess I'm going to have to send it out.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.