1984 Catilina 22 mast

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
I had my hunter 31 mast trucked from Jacksonville to Houston on a car carrier. They slipped the mast under the top rack. Finding a truck is the easy part if u only want the mast. Call wewilltransportit.com Or uship.com Could be the makings of a great road trip to check out the boat before buying and stripping.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
The easy, yet more expensive method is to have a welder fill those holes in with some aluminum. Riveting a plate in there may also work. Not sure if putting more holes in it to add metal back would be harmful in this application

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Join the C22 FB group as well. There is almost always someone wanting to offload a boat for next to nothing with a good mast but perhaps a bad interior. or rotten core on the deck. If you wound up with a doner boat you likely could keep the mast (a normally hard part to sell due to shipping) and then sell off the winches, cushions, etc. on ebay to fully recover the cost of the doner boat.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
And I'm going to guess that an O'day 22 or a MacGregor 22 would have about the same sized mast so you could look there also.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Replacement masts are still available from Catalina. Former dealer now retired. If you want my help, send a private messages. Yes there are used masts but have advice for you. The only stipulation is to report results back to forum.

Feb 18, 2020
Catalina 22 Oakdale ny
One more place to look for a mast... (if you have the room) is an old neglected Catalina 22

There are always people practically giving away an old rotten boat. Keep it around for spare parts. ???
im searching;0)! thank you for your help

Feb 18, 2020
Catalina 22 Oakdale ny
More importantly that it fits than matching what’s there, if you have to choose between the two. Who knows if the cut up one is actually the original, or just something the cutter-upper found laying around and figured would make a good ridge beam.
thank you for all your great advice!