1981 C&c34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2010
C&C C&C34 marathon, fl
the 5'11" draft on my 1981 C&C34 is too much for florida and the bahamas. a boatyard near ft myers suggested cutting 6" off the bottom of the keel. that would change my B/D ratio from 41% to 37%. bad idea?

Jul 11, 2010
C & C 34 Savannah
shorter keel:

We have a 1979 34, a previous owner shorten the keel by that amount, however had Mars (Maine) add a torpedo which makes up for the shorter keel. I now draw 5' (just a little under). I would think just reducting 11 inches would make her a little more tippy. We have refurbished ours and really enjoy sailing her.

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
I looked into Mars to reduce to around 5', they will have you weigh what ever you remove and will fab bulb torpedos same weight. They are located in Buffalo and will advise you how to proceed. One obvious thing, I would not want to leave your rudder exposed below the new keel draw.Check ot mars technoligies on the web, they are in Buffalo. When you see how they propose, its a simple concept, backbreaker job. Red

Status
Not open for further replies.