1980ish Hunter 22

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
The youth sailing program I am associated with are likely to take donation of a Hunter 22 tomorrow.

I've only seen pictures and the boat seems complete and so long as there is a title to be signed I'm guessing we will accept it likely to resell come spring. We'd probably not do anything to the boat other than clean it up a bit.

Any Hunter 22 owners out there past or present have any words of wisdom as far as mast raising rigging etc. they would like to pass along?

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Thanks
Nice to see what the boat can look like.

At present it is a far cry from the boat in the video. Hopefully we can find the right person to take it and make it what it should be.

I thought twice about accepting it as it is not going to bring us much but the guy donating it was kind of in a bind. He is in the Army and leaving to go overseas tomorrow. If we did not take it he'd had to leave it where it was and continue to pay storage on it all with no idea where he'll be stationed on his return. The boat would really be rough at that point.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
As a former dealer and one who did inspections for non profits suggest you get a knowledgeable person to look to see if worthy to accept. I have seen a lot of junkers and advised against acceptance.

Waiting too late might mean others who looked at it might not want it. However it may be something to consider if in great shape but keel attachment, sails, mast, rudder, rigging etc need to be inspected.