1979 Hunter 27 in CT - FREE to a good home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2009
Hunter 27 Black Rock Harbor
We are giving away our "mixed-condition" 1979 Hunter 27 Summer Wind. This H27 has the apparently rare tiller steering setup. My father-in-law gave us the boat last year, but we are not able to use it enough justify the costs of ownership. We are not looking to make any money on it, just get out of the financial responsibility for it. The boat is at Captains Cove in Bridgeport, CT, coming out of the water on Dec 3.

It was in somewhat rough shape when we got it, but I have fixed and replaced quite a number of things on it - it has a new electrical panel, some new DC wiring, new alternator, new batteries, a new bilge pump, new North Sails main sail, new lines, new anchor, and new tiller hardware. I refinished the companionway cover and the tiller, so those look tip-top. It has a newer jib from a Cat 25 also. I have lots of miscellany and accessories to include with the boat, too.

Not working:
Shore power & A/C (wiring was disconnected, but it's there)
Starter (it was replaced in 2009 and was working but stopped this fall)
Stove
Fresh water
Interior lighting (fixtures need to be replaced)
Most drawers and cabinets are gone (hardware rusted due to winter flooding)

Most pressing needs:
Starter/wiring repair
Bottom refinishing
Pulpit repair
Interior wiring to masthead light needs to be replaced (mast wiring is good)

I have a recent insurance survey available, as well. Basically, many things on the boat are newly fixed or replaced, while other things stilll need attention.

If interested, please email me at gzinycz@gmail.com. Thanks!

George

Nov 11, 2009
Yes, the boat sails

Yes, the boat can be sailed as is! It doesn't have the amenities for overnighting, but it's good to go as a daysailer. We've had it out on LI Sound a couple of times this year.

Some other info:
Has portable/removable head
Forward hatch leaks a little in rain, but otherwise the boat stays dry
SVE8 engine crank-starts easily

Nov 11, 2009
The free-boat offer is OFF. I was not able to give it away before getting charged for winter storage (tough time of year to arrange that kind of transaction), so it will be posted for sale (cheap!) in the spring.

Thank you for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.