1979 Catalina 30 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2007
Catalina 30 Lake Murray, SC
I just bought a 1979 Catalina 30 with little documentation. It has a "fuel" cap and a "gas" cap, I was told that the fuel is for the motor, and the gas is for the heater? The old owner said there was some sort of heater that he never used. Also, there is some type refrig unit, again, the old owner never used it? Any ideas how to use this? Any and all help is appreciated!

Apr 4, 2004
Catalina 30 Ladysmith
More info,

A little more info would help. Ie: make and/model of heater and refrigeration unit. Have you tried tracing the lines from the fuel/gas filler caps? Are there any other filler caps, for water maybe? Having two similar labeled filler caps for differant fuels is, in my opinion, a disaster waiting to happen. EG

Jun 1, 2007
Catalina 30 Lake Murray, SC
More Info

The "Fuel", "Gas", and "Waste" are all together on the port side. I have two water caps on the starboard side. I was able to confirm with the previous owner that the "Fuel" was for the diesel engine. and wasn't sure what the was for "gas", he though maybe for the heaterter, and he wasn't sure why there were 2 waters, he never used them. The refrig unit is more like an ice box. I'll try to get more info as soon as I splash her and have easier access.

Apr 4, 2004
Catalina 30 Ladysmith
Diagrams

Have a look at "www.Catalina30.com/TechLib/PartsManual/Systems.pdf" the diagrams and parts lists should answer most of your questions. EG

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Owner's Manual

Here's the owner's manual I scanned a while ago. Jack Manning s/v Victim of Fate Atlantic City, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.