1977 Lancer 30 Deck Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmay

Jun 26, 2011
Lancer 30 Port Sanilac
Hello,

I am New to the Forums, a New Lancer Owner, and also new to sailing.

Can Anyone help me with some info?

As a result of a Marine Survey I will need to do some work on our 1977 Lancer 30 (Built in 1976) as the Deck around the port side Chain Plate is showing some delamination.

I need to find out what materials the deck was built with (Balsa Core, Ply Wood ect). Also I have been reading the forums, and trying to find a copy of a Owners Manual, or any design drawings for this boat, but haven't found anything helpfull.

If anyone has any information on this boat it would really help out.

Thanks

jmay

Attachments

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Hello,

I am New to the Forums, a New Lancer Owner, and also new to sailing.

Can Anyone help me with some info?

As a result of a Marine Survey I will need to do some work on our 1977 Lancer 30 (Built in 1976) as the Deck around the port side Chain Plate is showing some delamination.

I need to find out what materials the deck was built with (Balsa Core, Ply Wood ect). Also I have been reading the forums, and trying to find a copy of a Owners Manual, or any design drawings for this boat, but haven't found anything helpfull.

If anyone has any information on this boat it would really help out.

Thanks

jmay
Hi jmay, and welcome. I cannot give specific information on the L30 and how it was constructed, and unfortunately, there isn't much data out there anymore. However, if you go to my website (signature) you can download the manual for the L27PS. If I were to venture a guess, I would say that the design and materials may be similar, but not exact.

There is also the Lancer Knowledgebase that has data on all the boats, far-be-it complete. I uploaded everything I had on all the Lancer models. You might want to take a look there also. But start with the L27PS owners manual. There is complete, detailed, information on the hull and deck materials. Could be a good start.

Good luck!

Here is the link to the L30 KnowledgeBase: http://lancer.sailboatowners.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=400&Itemid=247

Not much there, sorry.

jmay

Jun 26, 2011
Lancer 30 Port Sanilac
Brian,

Thank for the Information, and the Link to the Lancer 27 Owners Manual. I will use this as a reference. during our project this winter. Along with the Chain Plate area on the Deck I will also have to work on some of the tabing where Bulk Heads, ect. are bonded to the Outer Hull. It looks like these were done by the Factory, but some time after the hull was built. Almost all of the tabbing has worked loose. Thankfully I can pull this material free as it was not bonded correctly, and comes off easily. I think I have about 28' of tabing to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.