1976 Pearson 26 auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 26 Beaufort SC
We got high and only bid on a boat at our sailing club in Augusta Ga. It needs cleaning but looks solid and clean inside. Will post some pics if it goes through. Wish us luck.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
We got high and only bid on a boat at our sailing club in Augusta Ga. It needs cleaning but looks solid and clean inside. Will post some pics if it goes through. Wish us luck.
You got high and bid???

Good Luck!

Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 26 Beaufort SC
We got it! 1978 Pearson 26 for $1000. No motor (I've got a spare 5hp Nissan), but sails (main with lazy jacks), newly covered interior cushions and cockpit cushions, new sail cover and jib bag, and other stuff. Needs main power panel installed/rewired but I'm an old hand at that. The interior teak was all recently refinished also. Looks really good.
The bottom has been coated with VC-17? I'm not too worried about it since it's been in a freshwater lake and with so little invested, blisters are the least of my worries. We're just going to sail it and enjoy.
A nice addition to the fleet I hope.

tsell

Aug 28, 2012
Macgregor/Venture 22 Pittsfield, VT
I just bought a1970 P26 for $13.50 on ebay. Looks to be in decent bu obviuosly not perfect shape I am so excited to get her fixed up and start enjoying her next spring. Now I have to figure out how to get her off the mooring and stored somewhere.

Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 26 Beaufort SC
Well that beats my find. But I will say that I guess it's relative to what's in/on the boat.

Good luck with it!

tsell

Aug 28, 2012
Well that beats my find. But I will say that I guess it's relative to what's in/on the boat.

Good luck with it!
Thanks. We are geting it hauled ot this week, so I guess we will find out the whole story of the boat soon. I am expecting a fair amount of work, but it will be worth it.

God luck with yours'

tsell

Aug 28, 2012
Drumbeater, your boat looks awesome. I hope mine looks as good when we put her in this spring. My to do list:

new cushions
refinish all woodwork
rebed stanchions
fix forward hatch hinges
fix transom where the outboard mounts
paint the deck
replace floorboards

Luckily I have the tools and ability to do it myself, so I don't see a large expense right away. I will also replace the jib halyard and the mainsheet. The standing rigging looks good.

We spent last weekend scrubbing, and the interior is shaping up.

Attachments

Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 26 Beaufort SC
Haha love the hats and gloves. I was too cold to go to the boat these past few days. Stayed at home in the garage working on rudder repairs, the tiller and servicing the winches.

We really did get a nice boat with lots of extras for what we paid. I'd guess the PO must have paid nearly $3000 for all the cushions. Not to mention the canvas stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.