1976 Catalina 22 Genoa Car

Jun 16, 2016
catalina 22 newport yacht club
I recently bought a 1976 Catalina 22. I noticed that one of the Seaway Genoa Cars is broken. From cruising the internet it doesn't look like Seaway is still in business. Can you give me suggestions on what I can replace it with? Do I need to replace the track also? Should I replace both sets of tracks and cars rather that just the one side?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
The track is just fine. Use an internet search or a West Marine or Defender catalog to find a block that slides onto the track that is similar to what broke. As Meriachee mentioned, CD should be one of your Go To places. There are less expensive options, like Garhauer. Find them on the web and USE them, great stuff, better pricing than anywhere else around for your boat. Good luck.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Is the car (slider) broken, or the block? You can replace either piece individually, I'm guessing you have a pin stop equipped, sliding car on 1" T-track. It will have small block attached.... it's called a "lead block".... but any appropriately sized block will work.. it might have a small spring on the shaft of the attaching device to hold it upright... Of the two, the car will be more expensive.
If you're lucky enough to have a Yacht Surplus warehouse in your neck of the woods... you might give them a call.. Lots of old Seaway gear shows up in surplus stores.. some of it new.. purchased at liquidation.

Jun 16, 2016
catalina 22 newport yacht club
Thank you all for your suggestions. Yes, with a little more knowledge I did find a Genoa Car that should work on Catalina Direct. It seems this old boat needs a 15/16 car which CD puts together using Merriman parts.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Yep my 83 has 15/16 track too, hard to find a car for a midships cleat too.