1976 cat 30 lost 1 spreader Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick Arnold

Last weekend while sailing on the Rappahanok one of my circa 1976 wood spreaders gave up the ghost,after my pucker factor lessened I realized what a creek I was headed into with only 1 spreader. I need some feed-back as to replacing with wood,can't find, or aluminium,which means removing the remaining spreader and sending to tsi in fl so I won't have to remount the brackets to the mast. Please include best ways to gain access ladder???etc, also any info on tiller to wheel conversions. thanks

J

Jerry Magnuson

Visit Catalina Direct

Catalina Direct on the Web has a kit that will replace you old Spruce Spreaders with the newer style Alum. ones. Cost is $287.65 freight You can go there directly at: http://www.catalinadirect.com/C-30 aluminum spreader ret.html As far as installing it goes, I would unstep the mast make the modification, then restep the mast. Maybe someone else has a better idea. Jerry Magnuson S/V Defiance

C

chris

spreader help

We have a 1981 Catalina 30 and replaced the Spreaders with the aluminum spreaders that Catalina sells. The installation was a little tricky even for an experienced boatyard. All in all it was about $500 incl. the spreaders for the replacement. They look great and will last for years. It is probably about time that you change out and replace.

B

Bob Camarena

Isn't it JSI?

You mention TSI. I thought it was JSI that sells aluminum spreaders configured to fit your existing brackets. In any case, I've always thought that was a better idea than the Catalina replacements. As far as access, you can use a bosun's chair or can lash a ladder to the mast. Since you won't be replacing the brackets and the internal compression post, taking the mast down isn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.