1976 C-30 Ice Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2012
Catalina C-30 Warwick, R.I.
Hello All,

I just picked up a 1976 C-30. I think i got pretty good deal on her but she has no shortage of projects expected from a boat her age. Number 1: Ice Box. The prior owner had a mini fridge installed w. an AC converter which runs fine under shore power. My problem is I won't be on shore power as she'll be swaying on her mooring all summer.

That said I cannot figure out how the original ice box fit in the galley. There isn't enough counter space to cut open a hatch above the space he had the mini fridge cut in. Anyone have any ideas/pics on how I can get an ice box in or what the original galley layout was? Any help is certainly appreciated. Thank you.

Dave.

Apr 5, 2010
Catalina 27- 1984 Grapevine
Minifridge is probably sitting where the stove once sat. The original icebox sat back in the far corner in back of the galley, openned on top, and was about 12 ft. deep, or at least felt that way if you ever drop anything that deep.

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, 12ft is right! ! Used nor colder 4407 fridge retro fit cooler ($695 look it up) had to tweek it. Keeps it nice and cold!

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
Hey Lost Parent,

Did you buy your stove at the RV Dealer too? Seems like a nice fit. I have the fridge located there too, as the P.O. removed the stove/oven. We usually cook with a S.S. grill on the stern rail, but it would be nice to have a stove top unit in the galley, as it is after all a galley, not just a giant cooler, right? Cheers.

Attachments

Jul 8, 2011
Catalina 30 Sidney B.C.
That stovetop is right out of a brand new trailer where the new owner wanted an oven paid 50 dollars brand new and 350.00 for the fridge off craigslist , these fridges last forever

Status
Not open for further replies.