1974 Irwin 25' Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
We love our little boat. However there are only 3 of us and would like to utilize the unused space as much as possible. I don't see us ever really using those quarter berth beds unless we happen to take one of y son's friends after we learn how to safely operate a sailboat...lol. The "closet" really is pretty useless to us not much of a closet anyhow and because of said closet my husband who is 6' 2" doesn't fit in the V Berth very well. thinking of removing the closet.

So my real question is what modifications have you made to your 25?
Do you have some pics?
Would love to hear about or see any of the ideas you have had for upgrading your boat and maximizing the space.

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
Thank you so much for the pics. Can I ask what year yours is? I love the layout of the main cabin area, seems so much bigger than ours.

Jul 29, 2010
Irwin 25 NC
Its a 1970 Irwin 25 as opposed to your 10/4...the 25 is actually slightly narrower in the beam but pretty close to the same size.

...@

Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
See now that is something else I have been trying to figure out the Irwin 25 vs the irwin 10/4. Nothing about 10/4 was ever mentioned by the seller, however I keep finding these boats listed as both the 25 and the 10/4. This is a link with the pics of our boat www.flickr.com/photos/this-sailboat/ . needs a little TLC but is a solid boat. I guess the question now is which do we have the 25 or the 10/4?

Jul 29, 2010
Irwin 25 NC
I could easily be mistaken but I think you have a 25 vs. the 10/4. Keep in mind the interior layout in those pictures that were posted above is a modified interior layout but I believe they are the same model.

...Andrew

Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
Ok that is what I was thinking. so you changed your layout to the 10/4 layout? I love that layout and want to do the same. If you have during the build pics my hubby would love to see them. or any advice on the best ways to or not to do the modifications. Did you use any of the original fiberglass? Rebuild new fiberglass? Rebuild with wood? I would really rather have the layout of the 10/4...it just makes more sense than the 25...to us anyhow.

Jul 29, 2010
Irwin 25 NC
Melissa...I have only had this sailboat just a few months myself so I am a relative Irwin newbie. From what I understand the owner prior to the one I bought this boat from made these modifications so the previous owner and I are just caretakers to these modification. Sorry I cannot help with the how to's.

The attached link will give you some more images to the boat. Click on the slideshow for some music.

http://amalexander.com/p66604134

Enjoy the ideas!

...@

Oct 3, 2012
Irwin 10/4 OK/KS
Thank you so very much for everything we will look at the photos and go from there. The 10/4 layout just makes so much more sense than the 25 layout

Status
Not open for further replies.