1974 Ericson 25 deck crazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2012
Catalina 22 Lake Texoma
Got pics of this boat today and have to drive four hours for a survey. Owner indicates gelcoat crazing on the deck. Inspecting the pics I can see some of it and it doesn't appear to be separating from the glass...my 1970 Ericson 29 didn't have much of this so I am mystified...any thoughts on this before I burn $200.00 in diesel?:confused:

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
Some boat have and some boats don't. Even same manufacturer, same year, and same model can vary greatly.

Another factor is: what's your tolerance for gelcoat crazing and do you plan to fix it?

Gelcoat cracks are very hard to photograph, so that could be a poor indicator. Can't say it would work, but I'd explain to the seller that I'm going to be traveling 4 hours to look at it, and would like to know in advance whether it's worth the trip. Seems like a good communicator could let you know if there are un-countable cracks everywhere, or a finite number of them in certain locations. If her can't give you a good description, I wouldn't make the trip.

Jul 24, 2012
Catalina 22 Lake Texoma
Thanks for the quick response. I just walked away from a survey over this this weekend but it was peeling off and all over the inside and on the deck and cabin. If it is just spider cracks I really don't care on a 1974 boat and probably won't spend the time and money to repair it. If it is worse than that...bye bye!!

Status
Not open for further replies.