1974/75 custom 33 hull #3 of 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2012
COLUMBIA "LITORALIS" custom 33' hull #3 of 5 Moss Landing
I bought this boat in Sept, and have been slowly over hauling it. it was sitting at the free anchorage by the Santa Cruz wharf when I first saw it. she was a racing boat with the interior gutted for "speed" I suppose, but came with a fantastic mast just for racing. In her past life she belonged to a man that love to shed his worries with the sport of being the first across the line. The boats new life is of a different sort of pleasure, the pursuit of distant shores. she is a fast boat which means she sits high in the water, with a draft of five and a half feet that's mostly keel. With the external rudder its not easy to use an outboard nor is the fact that the stern sits high out of the water. It had a Volvo Penta that's been removed and transmission is still there, so am thinking that I will convert to electric just for marina maneuvering. I am installing a water maker, water heater, head to holding tank to pump out/flush out (in that order).
the name as you can see from the first and second picture was "SHOW DOWN" she is now known as "LITORALIS" which is Latin for "Beach Bum"
I am open to sugestions and information as I want to install a gen-set and run it all on propane.

Attachments

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
1974/75 custom 33 #3 of 5

good looking boat propane so complex storage and all safety valves why not stick with diesel the boat already has a fuel tank right .

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
I've seen a yanmar set up with a adapter to the volvo tranny with a pto front takeoff to feed a generator

Dec 5, 2012
COLUMBIA "LITORALIS" custom 33' hull #3 of 5 Moss Landing
Re: 1974/75 custom 33 #3 of 5

boat was gutted for racing..... no tank, barely has interior. was trying to keep an internal combustion engine out of the interior

Status
Not open for further replies.