1973 C&C 30 with leaky water tank.

Jun 3, 2021
C&C 30 QCYC
I have a new-to-me 1973 C&C 30. WhenI tried to fill the water tank after spring launch it went not to the sink, but overflowed under the starboard settee across to the bilge. Anyone else have this problem, and if so, how did you access the tank to fix it?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Don't even try to repair it...replace it. If it's plastic, it's not repairable...if it's old enough to be metal, it's so corroded that it's not worth repairing. Ronco Plastics has been Catalina's OEM water and waste tank supplier for decades, so even if yours is metal, they should have an identical plastic replacement, which you can buy for a lot less from directly from them than from Catalina. Their marine tank catalog is here Ronco Plastics marine Tanks Give 'em a call.

However...20 gallons is a very small water tank for a 30' boat, so you have a great excuse to upgrade to a larger one. Start by asking Ronco if they have a larger size for a 30 MK I...if they don't have one specifically, ask for a recommended mold #. Talk to Rich...he's VERY helpful!

--Peggie

Jun 3, 2021
C&C 30 QCYC
Thanks for your replies & suggestions. Turns out my water tank is under the starboard settee, and the tank wasn't the problem -- it was a hose that a previous owner had disconnected and plugged up, but the plug had come loose. Of course, that led to finding another issue with the plumbing, but it's one that's easily fixed. Let's hope there are no more surprises there.

Jun 7, 2021
C&C 30 Halifax
I just experienced this exact same problem with the starboard side water tank on my newly purchased 1973 C&C 30. My mind immediately went to "oh no... replacing this water tank is going to be a huge pain". But it was just a loose hose. What a relief!