1973 Balboa 26 mast height?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2009
Bayliner Buccaneer B210 San Diego
Does anyone know what the mast height on a 1973 Balboa 26 is? I have found documentation on the vessel but nothing tells me what the mast height is. I am considering buying this boat but the marina I want to slip it has a 34' high tide clearence. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, and happy sailing.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
The data I have shows an "I" measurement of 30ft, that's from the deck, so 34ft may or may not be feasible, might be close.

S

stevepipit

You asked if anyone knows what the mast height on a 1973 Balboa 26 is? I am researching this boat among 400 others for a book. My information is that the masthead height over water is approximately 37 feet 6 inches.

On that basis, you probably shouldn't buy the boat.

Good luck

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
What is the obstacle? Bridge or high voltage power line? or ski lift?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
The balboa 26 is a trailerable boat that probably is equipped with a hinged tabernacle... allowing you to tilt the mast a few feet forward or backward to clear the bridge. What marina in the San Diego area is limited by 34 ft bridge clearance? Find some larger boats at the marina and ask the owners how they negotiate it.

Jul 21, 2009
Balboa 26 Lake Massabesic, NH
I've got a 1974 Balboa 26; mast length is 28' 7". I don't know off the top what height above water would be. I'll measure next time I'm out at the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.