1969 O'DAY Dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
A thread about where to launch on Cape Cod got me thinking about this list of O'DAY Dealers that I found in the 1969 YACHTING Magazine. Wonder how many of these places are still around? O'DAY is long gone (except for D&R Marine) but how many of the old Dealers still exist?

I know the following are still around:
Massachusetts: Burr Brothers Boats, Parker's Boat Yard, Arey's Pond, Basset Boats (though now a HUGE SEA RAY dealer!).
Rhode Island: Stanley's Boat Yard (a shadow of their former self).

Attachments

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Coneys Marine in Huntington, NY is still around and I was told they were a huge Oday dealer......still a lot of Odays in the neighborhood

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
Sailboats of Indiana is the name of the former Indiana Sailboats, which was an ODay dealer.

May 6, 2011
Oday 222 trailered... Sheridan, AR
Sherriff's Sailboats on the Northwest Hwy near White Rock Lake in Dallas, Texas was the O'Day dealer in 1969.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
A thread about where to launch on Cape Cod got me thinking about this list of O'DAY Dealers that I found in the 1969 YACHTING Magazine. Wonder how many of these places are still around? O'DAY is long gone (except for D&R Marine) but how many of the old Dealers still exist?

I know the following are still around:
Massachusetts: Burr Brothers Boats, Parker's Boat Yard, Arey's Pond, Basset Boats (though now a HUGE SEA RAY dealer!).
Rhode Island: Stanley's Boat Yard (a shadow of their former self).
Gauch Bros Marine in Shrewsbury Ma., was a large O'Day and Catalina dealer who I bought my boat through back in the 1980s and they later sold the business to someone else who is running the business under the Gauch Bros name.
Donald Gauch became a Republican State Representative of the 11th District of Worcester Ma.

Talking about D&R Marine; I just received an email from Rudy yesterday in regard to a hot link that I sent him a couple of weeks ago to a pdf. file for Z-Spar. I was surprised to find that they are still alive and well in this country as well as Great Briton. It will be nice if he is able to supply us with Z-Spar parts.

May 6, 2011
Oday 222 trailered... Sheridan, AR
Sherriff's Sailboats not only sold the O'Day line, but also Gulf Coast, Butterfly, Jet 14 and others... I purchased my first O'Day from them in in 1972. It was and O'Day 22. It came complete with a long shaft British Seagull O/B. She was christened "Sunni J". Since she was trailored she sailed on White Rock Lake, Grapevine, Ray Hubbard, Pat Mayes, Sam Raburn, Lake of the Pines, Murval and Cross Lake in LA. What great memories of a fine O'Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.