1965 Oday outlaw 26' comments please

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evy

Hello, I'm thinking of purchasing a 1965 26' outlaw. It is definatly a project but would like any comments. From what little I know of the Oday's they seem great but haven't seen a review of one this old. Thanks for all input. fair winds, Evy

B

Bob Edgarton

my quess

HI Evy; I can't speak directly to your Outlaw question, but I do have a Tempest built in 1969. The Tempest is very similar, but a little smaller. There are definitely things I would do on my boat if I had the money, but she's still sound and fun to sail. If you know anyone with boat repair experience, it would be good to have them take a look. Depending on your situation, you may want to hire a surveyor (always a good idea if you have the money, especially re: insurance coverage). Most messages posted seem to indicate that the ODays are well built, but individual incidents can compromise the best boat. I love my boat and enjoy sailing it. I wish you well with your adventure. Bob

E

Evy

Thanks Bob

Bob, thanks for the input. I'm still undecided on this boat. The price is right for a reason but it may be a good boat to learn on. It will be three years before we can cruise full time and I thought this may be an inexpensive starter boat depending of coarse on the structural integrity. Again thanks and fair winds, Evy

Status
Not open for further replies.