'18 inch Transom Extension'?? info request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H. Davidson

While surfing the 'Owner Review' section of this site I found a Nov/27/97 posting that refered to an 18 inch molded glass transom extension. It reportedly follows the hull contours and adds a swim platform. (I'm assuming similar to the 340s.) Has anyone had experience with this item? Does it bolt on, or is glass-work required? Who sells it and how much would it cost? This sounds like a great after market add-on for an '84 34 footer. Are there any down sides to this mod that anyone out there knows about? I guess a picture would be asking too much, but does anyone know where this item might be located for purchase? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -H

S

steven f.

'18 inch transon extension' request?? on a 31

A friend of mine has a H31 and he added a "whale tail" to the transum. He insists his speed is better and he has the added benefit of having a swim platform on the back. He did have to do a good bit of glass work, not sure if the main body of it is a bolt on. He said he' help me do my H33 and said the cost would be about 4-5K, sorry, no pics for you but it does look original.

G

George Capra

Sugar Scoop

Look in the Photo Forum under 34 ft boat and Scoop and you will find photos of the extention.

Status
Not open for further replies.