16 Daysailer--selling---price thoughts?

Apr 25, 2015
Oday 26 Oscoda, MI
Just curious if anybody knows what I could get for my sailboat. I purchased a waterfront home on a river and never use it anymore. Below is a list of what I have done to it within the last 3 years and it's ready to go and needs nothing. I will be posting it soon but not sure on a price.

Both new sails (main and jib) with all new mast glides
New axles and tires with spare
New tongue jack
Trolling motor with mount--to get away from shore and/or docks before setting sails
All new riggings and lines
Painted top side
Custom made seat cushions
New guide on posts on trailer
New trailer lights and wiring harness
Trailer painted
New spreader boots
Rudder painted
New rudder handle
New auto pilot set up for rudder
Teak all redone on all 3 sides sides of cockpit
New wind vane on top of mast
Mast cleaned and sealed
All screws, fasteners etc were replaced to stainless steel
Two new main clam cleats on new aluminum base

Sep 29, 2015
Oday 222 Lake N ockamixon, pa
I would think that by painting the topsides you have killed the selling price of the boat. Also from the detailed description of what was done, it sounds like a phoenix boat and trailer. Get someone who knows nautical terms to help you rewrite your add.

Jul 30, 2019
Seaward 25 777 Fort St. James
Hmmm. This couldn't be a devious way of advertising your boat for sale, could it? No, surely not.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
this is a 16' daysailer with trailer. you don't mention the brand.

prolly $1,950.00 firm

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Sounds like a DSI (original version of the Day Sailer), I would post this question on the forums on the DAY SAILER CLASS ASSOCIATION web site (www.daysailer.org) the DS I is the prefered model by the racing members and htis will also get more outreach. You do have a few items listed that are not usually found on a Day Sailer, (Auto-Pilot for instance) that will not add to the selling price. If the painted topsides are well done and look good, that can add to the value. Without actually seeing the boat it is hard to suggest pricing, but I'd say anywhere between $1000 and 2,500 is possible.......... depending on actual condition. I would expect to sell for the lower end of that range, but maybe start around mid-point of the range.