146 Harken replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2006
- - Des Plaines, IL
I find the Harken block that comes with the Hunter 146 difficult to operate in puffs because it releases down. Does anyone have a suggestion for a block (manufacture / part no.) that releases up? Can't seem to find a Harken that will accomplish this.

P

pchauvin

reverse it

Remove sheets from block. Removed block from boat. (This sounds easier than doing with pin inside of spring). With block removed, back out screw in center of block. Disassemble block and place cam cleats in desired position (facing up). Make sure holes are lined up correctly. Place center screw back in. Reattach block to cockpit floor. (the other hard part) Run sheets back through block. This was all written from memory, so it may not be exact. The important thing is that it can be done. You'll see when you get there.

Apr 8, 2006
- - Des Plaines, IL
harken cont'd

Appreciate your reply. Actually, I did reverse the cam cleat. However, this puts the position of the cam cleat very high in relation to the block. It appears to me that this would interfere with the mainsheet releasing quickly and easily thru the block. (although I didn't test.)

Status
Not open for further replies.