12v dehumidifier

Nov 6, 2009
Hunter 37 FL
Looking for 12v dehumidifier for when we store boat next summer. It must have a drain.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Have a look on the Eva-Dry website (also sold on Amazon.com). A couple of their products draw very low current and they do have a 12V power cord (EDV-12V) as an accessory. I am trying the smaller Eva-Dry 1100 this winter (PNW = wet). I modified it so that it drains into the sink. So far, I much prefer it over any other type of dehumidifying product.

https://www.eva-dry.com/

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Eva Dry

I use the Eva-Dry-1100 on my Hunter 36 and know a whole lot of other friends with boats that use them too here in Florida.
What most of us did is drill a hole in the plastic removable container
and glue a piece of tubing and let drain in sink that easy.
Nick

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I'm OK with those that use a mild heat element in combination with silica pellets but would avoid Peltier units for poor performance and high power consumption. Depending on how long you intend to store the boat it would be appropriate to conduct a power survey to insure there is adequate battery power for the duration. If you have access to 120V electricity it would be better to run shorepower and get a compressor driven unit.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Good idea

The barb is a good idea but have a whole reel of this plastic tubing and just cut a small section of tubing and keep the Eva Dry close to sink.
Used it last summer and worked really good and kept humidity at 55%
in boat.

Nick

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I just drilled 2 holes and set it on the edge of the sink. Water runs right in.

Nov 6, 2009
Hunter 37 FL
Reason interested in 12v is we will be storimg boat in boat yard for the summer & don't want to rely on our 110 staying plugged in. Too easy for someone to unplug us. Our solar panels are more reliable.

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
The down side of 12v is no ability to regulate. There is no humidistat.

If you run it through 110v using the inverter, you will draw a little more poser, but...
* you can put it on a timer or day/night switch.
* the inverter should have low battery protection.