12 volt receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2009
Catalina 350 miami
I bought a 2005 catalina 350 and have had problems with the 12 volt receptacle in the electrical panel. Every time a 12 volt appliance is inserted, the fuse blows.This occurs even when charging my flashlight or phone. Has anyone had a similiar experience? Does the receptacle need to be changed? I'm not electrically proficient but I've already changed the fuse 6 times.
Any advice would be appreciated.

A

AirMobility

12V receptacle

I bought a 2005 catalina 350 and have had problems with the 12 volt receptacle in the electrical panel. Every time a 12 volt appliance is inserted, the fuse blows.This occurs even when charging my flashlight or phone. Has anyone had a similiar experience? Does the receptacle need to be changed? I'm not electrically proficient but I've already changed the fuse 6 times.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I have a 2003 Catalina 350 and had problems with the same 12 V outlet at the nav station. Everytime I pluged in a charger or appliance, either a fuse blew or something got melted. Turned out that the recepatile was wired backwards.(reversed polarity) The positive lead should run to the center of the plug not the negative lead. I reversed the wires at the back of the receptale and all was right. I'd check the polarity prior to reversing the wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.