110VAC Outlets

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Does anyone have an accurate wiring diagram for the 110 VAC in the C-310
A diagram of where the wire run in the boat would also be a big plus.

I accept all the help I can get.

The 110 VAC electrical outlets above and immediately aft of the port and starboard settee no longer provide power. They did last week. I have no idea what happened. The outlet above the Nav station works just fine. I didn't get a chance to check the outlet in the head.

The good news is I got the A/C fixed so I can cool off the boat while I trouble shoot. It is 95 degrees in mid-afternoon here in the FL panhandle.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Owners (and builders) do weird stuff. I was troubleshooting the front and back patio A.C. outlets on my mother's condo. Turned out they are on a GFCI in the bathroom!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
On the 2003 cata 310 hull 218 Valcour, the GFCI is in the aft locker over the stove behind the microwave. If you reset, it controlls all outlets down stream on the port and stbd side. The nav station outlet is before the gfci if i recall corectly. Reset the GFCI and see what happens first.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Search my blog. I had this issue and fixed it. Updated wiring diagram in the post.

Let me know if you can't find it.

Good luck,

Jesse

KZW

May 17, 2014
On the 2003 cata 310 hull 218 Valcour, the GFCI is in the aft locker over the stove behind the microwave. If you reset, it controlls all outlets down stream on the port and stbd side. The nav station outlet is before the gfci if i recall corectly. Reset the GFCI and see what happens first.
Well crap. Getting the microwave out is a real pain. Well, off to the boat!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
On the 2003 cata 310 hull 218 Valcour, the GFCI is in the aft locker over the stove behind the microwave.
My B323 came with an outlet in the cabinet OVER&BEHIND the stove, and that did not bode well for laying an electric cord over the burners- especially the electric coffee pots that always seem to have short cords. ASAP back in the slip, I moved and rewired the outlet to the salon table that has the wine storage in the middle. I put an outlet in there. When rewiring to the AC breaker panel I found two wires on the breaker. I added a second breaker for the second wire and all is well since then. Now the morning coffee is accessible to all crew.

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Well crap. Getting the microwave out is a real pain. Well, off to the boat!
On my 2006 mine is in last cabinet over stove upper left inside corner.

Clyde Thorington
C310 @ 245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Mar 6, 2008
you dont have to remove the micro to reset the CFCI. The mic is pluged onto it

KZW

May 17, 2014
you dont have to remove the micro to reset the CFCI. The mic is pluged onto it
???? The 110 AC outlet the microwave on my 2005 C-310, sail #307, is behind the microwave within the microwave enclosure. Have not yet made it to the boat to check. Too many honey-dos. Tomorrow morning!

Mar 6, 2008
to clarify, on 2003 hull #218 the outlet is in the aft cubbord, in the cabinet just behinf the cabbint for the mic. I guess I have it easy, as that GFCI pops at least once a season, and I have easy access to reset.

KZW

May 17, 2014
Turns out, when the GFI outlet behind the microwave is reset, the forward AC outlets forward work as advertised. Go Figure!!! I have no idea why it poped. I only had a fan running. I thank one and all for your responses.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Turns out, when the GFI outlet behind the microwave is reset, the forward AC outlets forward work as advertised. Go Figure!!! I have no idea why it hoped. I only had a fan running. I thank one and all for your responses.
The AC is fed to the forward outlets from the galley one. GFI outlets protect everything down stream, at least the way Catalina wired ours. The schematic in the owner’s manual may or may not reflect your actual boat, since lots of changes were made during the production run. But it’s a good place to start.

Jan 22, 2008
... Turns out, when the GFI outlet behind the microwave is reset, the forward AC outlets forward work as advertised. Go Figure!!!
IN SOME cases, you can think of the GFCIs as series wired, like the old XMAS LIGHTS. one goes out, they all go out. Or, as "Parallel" wired, they only opo their own button. Boats can be wired both ways on the same breaker. Depending on how many outlets you have (think $$$), you could put a GFCI in all outlets. At least you'd have a quicker way to figure out if only ONE is bad.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
IN SOME cases, you can think of the GFCIs as series wired, like the old XMAS LIGHTS. one goes out, they all go out. Or, as "Parallel" wired, they only opo their own button. Boats can be wired both ways on the same breaker. Depending on how many outlets you have (think $$$), you could put a GFCI in all outlets. At least you'd have a quicker way to figure out if only ONE is bad.
That's an interesting analogy, but not literally (electrically) correct. But useful. If you install a GFCI receptacle as the first outlet in a branch it can protect the entire branch. The GFCI outlet has two pair of terminals in addition to the green-wire grounding terminal: line and load. The line terminals are connected to the white and black wires coming from the panel; the load terminals power downstream outlets.

(Just replying in case there's any confusion on this.)
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 6.32.15 PM.png

Jan 22, 2008
I treid to explain it in the simplest way that any moron could understand. I get that from the movie "Get Shorty". John Travolta is an adult hood whose favorite saying (several times in the movie) is " Explain it to me like I'm a 6 year-old".

Last edited: