110 V plugs not working.

Sep 25, 2020
Beneteau Oceans 35 ft San Diego
I have a 2016 35 ft weekender. My internal plugs are not working, they are not working for the inverter or shore power. I have checked all breakers that I could find. Is there a GFI? The only other component could be the relay??

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Using a voltmeter start at the shore power plug on your boat and see if there is voltage. Then follow the wires and see where they go and check that point. When everything does not work it is easy to fix. Do you have galvanic isolator on your boat? Check that aswell.
Let us know what you found. Also check the breaker on the doc power outlet, plug in to a different source.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
There should be a GFCI. I don't have the boat nearby right now, but I think it might be a receptacle inside a cabinet in the head. You have indicators for AC Power on the electrical panel?

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
GFI requires either a GFI breaker or that the first outlet in a circuit is a GFI, which then protects outlets downline. Outlet is less than half the price of the breaker so that's the most common configuration I've found on boats. Also code requires a master breaker for all A/C circuits in close proximity (6-10 ft. ?) to where shorepower enters the boat. If all circuits dead (water heater, charger, outlets) stick your head in behind where the shorepower enters and follow the wire.
Also as Joe suggests start at the pedestal and trace the power from there.
Friends called me to their boat once because they awoke to dead batteries and alarms, no shorepower and they couldn't find the problem. After a quick check inside I went to the pedestal and the damn thing was melted where it had caught fire and burned itself out without anyone noticing.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Being a newer boat you should have an ELCI or RDC breaker at the back of the boat . Maybe this is tripped

Oct 10, 2018
Beneteau 321 Bay Harbor Marina, Bay City MI
My 321 came with a gfi plug at each outlet even though they were wired in series. The outlet in the head had tripped and put all of the outlets after that out. Kind of redundant I think.