11.0a

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Just seeing an S2 on the left coast is an anomaly much less seeing your particular model. I'm sure they are out there but since the west coast had so many builders back in the time when S2 was building, not many people wanted to pay the premium for shipping cost. Did your boat spend anytime in the Great Lakes before Anacortes? Of the 4 S2s I've been around on the west coast, only one was shipped out from the factory and it was a trailerable 7.9. Our boat started it's sailing life in Chicago before getting to Southern California in the '90s and it's trailerable. There may be many S2 owners who browse this forum and never see the brand specific area for the S2. I didn't find it for a year. :what:

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I think this 36 was deliverd to PNW as I have the original paperwork. From the factory delivered to customer in 1979, this boat cost $88,000.00. Dont remember if sales tax was a part of that. This is actually the second 36 I’ve had, prior to the first, I had a 9.2C that I traded to the broker for the 36. It was actually his personal boat. So, I’m on my third S2...Between the two 36s, we had an ‘81 Gulfstar 44 ketch that cruiesed and lived on for 10 yrs. currently, I know of two other 36s in the PNW..I know there are some 9.1s and 9.2s...There were only 156 36 afts made.

Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
Getting a 1979 11A next week. My wifes first comment, "son-of-a-b.. it has a shower". It used to be "does it have a toilet".

• Ha
Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
I am looking for a copy of the 11A Owners Manual or a site that might have a PDF. More than happy to pay for printing and shipping costs
I am hoping to find an electrical schematic. I was looking inside the panel and it looks like a bowl of spaghetti. This one has radar and the wiring for that will take a Masters Degree in Electricity.
Really appreciate the assist. Hal

Dec 12, 2015
S2 11C Vallejo Yacht Club
Is this the famous Hal who owns too many boats (BMC customer)? :)

We have two 11Cs here at the Vallejo Yacht Club, there were several S2s in the Berkeley Marina when we left there 18 months ago, one of them was the 11A. I'm in contact with another 11C owner in Ventura, CA. So there have to be quite a few S2s here on the west coast. You can message me with any questions, we've basically done a total refit of our 1985 11C, but still working on the interior refit. We do live aboard. The rig is exactly the same for the two boats and the systems very similar except for the CC differences. The owners manual doesn't provide a great wiring diagram, just the basics and who knows what has been done to it over the years. Our original panel still works great, but we have a new panel to put in because we wanted more breakers and at that time, we'll finish cleaning up and labeling all the wiring. (My husband is a marine electrician...)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
Marc Maulden - tried to send some info I got from Tiara Yachts, they own licensing rights to S2, but your email doesn't work. Not sure how to send to you thru the forum.

Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
Is this the famous Hal who owns too many boats (BMC customer)? :)

We have two 11Cs here at the Vallejo Yacht Club, there were several S2s in the Berkeley Marina when we left there 18 months ago, one of them was the 11A. I'm in contact with another 11C owner in Ventura, CA. So there have to be quite a few S2s here on the west coast. You can message me with any questions, we've basically done a total refit of our 1985 11C, but still working on the interior refit. We do live aboard. The rig is exactly the same for the two boats and the systems very similar except for the CC differences. The owners manual doesn't provide a great wiring diagram, just the basics and who knows what has been done to it over the years. Our original panel still works great, but we have a new panel to put in because we wanted more breakers and at that time, we'll finish cleaning up and labeling all the wiring. (My husband is a marine electrician...)
Sorry not him. I do have many questions. Start small, understand the 11A/C ha a hot water heater. Where?