$100 Reward to find Lewmar Quadrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2006
- - Panama
$100 reward if you can locate a Lewmar 8 inch radius 260 deg. quadrant with less than 3 in bore. Part number 89100050 Original was a Whitlock and equivalent would work also. Nothing else will fit this particular 97 Hunter 376 thanks guys, Alan interlogicapanama@cableonda.net

L

Landsend

Just for the heck of it try calling....

The Sailors Exchange on St Augustine, FL 1-904-808-0667 They have almost everything you can imagine. Good luck

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Another Place to Try

Not worried abou the reward but check theis guy as well. Scurvy Dog, they are a Marine Equipment Resale Shop they work on consignment or buy sell or trade stuff. Their address is 103 Myrick St in Pensacola. Phone 850 434-1770

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Here's another.

Man I love this store. Too bad it is 1100 miles from here. Try the Related Link.

Mar 16, 2006
- - Panama
Thanks

Ed, Thanks much for help we are still looking, apparently someone has run into this problem before, Edson suggest milling the top of the boss to get down to 2 3/8 in max boss height But I have doubts even that would work due to the plane of the groove. Alan

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Quadrant question

Alan, I agree with you about milling the top of the boss. What follows may seem like a stupid suggestion, but I have often been successful at having a sleeve machined to install equipment with a bigger bore than the shaft the equipment is supposed to fit on. It is easier and generally cheaper than removing and machining the shaft. In fact, you might be able to use inserts (à la conrod type) if you can find an old automotive catalog with sizes and thicknesses. Good luck.

Mar 16, 2006
- - Panama
Quadrant problem

Claude, Thanks for your help the problem is the very thin interstitial space between the bottom of the false deck and the top of the fibergalss molding beneath. The cables only have a very narrow plane in which to work, ie too high and they catch the bottom of the deck, if the boss is over 2 3/8 in it also fouls the same. Also not much clearance below the plane of the groove either.

Status
Not open for further replies.