+1 For Weems & Plath

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I bought a hand held compass from this company about 30 years ago. I took it out of storage early to winter to use for RC work here in Florida - specifically USSA Martin County. It had a bubble in the fluid which made it sort flukey to read. I send it to a place that was an authorized dealer. They couldn't figure out how to fill it and they returned it (I paid postage). Having not much to lose I peeled the rubber covering off it and sure enough there was a screw which opened a canal to re fill it. Great! When I took the screw out the gasket had turned into ooze. So, I found a Weems & Plath distributor in Annapolis and I called them. After speaking to Drew there I sent the compass to them. I got a call that the gasket was no longer made. But since it had a lifetime warrente they would replace the unit at no cost! Then the Covid thing hit and they called again telling shipments were delayed but they expected to get it sometime in the future. I receive the new - improved - compass yesterday. They did not even charge for shipping. So my compliments to this company and its employees for excellent service and for standing by their products. So I hope when SBO people are looking at one of Weems & Plath's products, they will remember this report.

May 4, 2018
Catalina 25 SV Colorado
Excellent - I look for companies like this to do business with. Life's too short to buy junk.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Isn't it great when you find a company that is a pleasure to do business with?

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I'm delighted to hear of your good treatment.
I have bought products, some very expensive, from reputable and responsive manufacturers.
When they failed prematurely, I contacted their "distributor/dealer" network and
was told "NO" to a free repair when the product was still in warranty.
Since you had better luck, who was the distributor?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
If you were talking to the folks in Annapolis you were likely talking to the folks that are the owners. While we were in Annapolis for the boat show we took a tour of their Shop. Met the former owner and the new owners. They were really nice folk with a purpose in the way they greeted the folks from the boat show and those that wandered by. Gave us a ride when one of us was not walking so good. I would not be surprised at all that they made it right for you. :plus: for Weems & Plath.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I'm delighted to hear of your good treatment.
I have bought products, some very expensive, from reputable and responsive manufacturers.
When they failed prematurely, I contacted their "distributor/dealer" network and
was told "NO" to a free repair when the product was still in warranty.
Since you had better luck, who was the distributor?
I think I bought the unit from West Marine -30 years ago. But I did deal directly with Weems & Plath at their Annapolis location.

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Met the folks from W&P at the annapolis show last fall as well bought stuff and took the golf cart shuttle to the show great people!!!!!!

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
we 've bought at least 6 sets of W&P clocks, barometers, humidity meters, and thermometers over the last 40 years. we've had them honor their lifetime warranty without question a few times. they are a great company to deal with.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I have a Weems and Plath tide clock that came with the boat. It could have been as old as the boat (1997) for all I know. It quit working. I took it down to them and they replaced the guts with new. No hassle, no charge. They are awesome.