05 hunter 41ds cabin lighting

Oct 10, 2017
Hunter 41DS Westport Marina
Hi. We have a Hunter 41DS and are interested to see if anyone out there has upgraded the interior cabin lighting and if so what have they done. The 4 salon roof lights look like cfl light bulbs and they're not very bright. Not even sure how many amps they draw as they're not as efficient as led. I'm going to look at removing a light and see what kind of led system I can put in place and make it look good. Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Attachments

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Geoff. Different model boat here, but we've replaced all of our incandescent bulbs with LEDs from MarineBeam. Very happy with the results, which was several years ago and all still work. Yours appear to be tube style and MarineBeam offers these that you might consider. 12VDC / 24VDC - Fluorescent Style LED Replacement Tubes

Please let us know whether their tube style LEDs work for your application. We have a few tube style fixtures on our boat, but have yet to convert them to LEDs. Seldom get used as the low draw LED bulbs work so well.

Jan 5, 2021
Hunter 41 DS Saint Petersburg
PXL_20230917_160523474.MP.jpg
PXL_20230917_160523474.MP.jpg

I have an 05 Hunter 41DS and these bulbs were a drop in replacement with no extra work or extra wiring. They have been working great for the last couple of years.

Oct 10, 2017
Hunter 41DS Westport Marina
Thanks both for the info. I took off a lens cover and found they've already been converted to LED already (see pic). Now I need to decide if I want brighter led or accept them as they are. When all on they draw about 1 amp only total so that's a huge bonus. Thanks again

Attachments

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
A big part of the unsufficient light output is that the PO installed only one Led strip to replace 2 fluorescent tubes. Added to that is the position of the Led strip, it is installed in the middle of the 2 reflectors causing the reflectors to be useless. Put in 2x2 Led strips inside the reflector and use the ceiling installed switch to select 2 or 4 Led strips. See the pictures

Attachments

Oct 28, 2019
Hunter 38 North Shore of Boston
I did the same thing as Senang on my H38. It works great and provides a lot better light. I will say that I really didn't get any improved energy efficiency as the original fluorescent is fairly efficient.