Mother of all mods 001 I call this The Mother of all mods."  It turned out to be one of the most clever and easy mods I've ever to this boat.  Why didn't I think of this one before?
We're looking aft in that Starboard quarter birth cubby hole.  That rear plywood bulkhead used to extend up into that inside combing and I remember removing it years ago when I refinished all my woodwork but I couldn't remember if there was any useful space in there.  So I figured that if I could remove that bulkhead I could find out real quick.
I've always needed a place to hang my boat hook and just recently my friend Del Grindle gave me a nice Forespar Whisker pole which is about 6.5' when it's closed.  At any rate, I removed the bulkhead and cut it.  I made a Teak cap rail for it and like a dumbbell I decided to cover it with rug.  I could have done the same thing with pine!  Oh well.  Some days you just can't win for losing. :)
Joe11688

Mother of all mods 001 I call this The Mother of all mods." It turned out to be one of the most clever and easy mods I've ever to this boat. Why didn't I think of this one before? We're looking aft in that Starboard quarter birth cubby hole. That rear plywood bulkhead used to extend up into that inside combing and I remember removing it years ago when I refinished all my woodwork but I couldn't remember if there was any useful space in there. So I figured that if I could remove that bulkhead I could find out real quick. I've always needed a place to hang my boat hook and just recently my friend Del Grindle gave me a nice Forespar Whisker pole which is about 6.5' when it's closed. At any rate, I removed the bulkhead and cut it. I made a Teak cap rail for it and like a dumbbell I decided to cover it with rug. I could have done the same thing with pine! Oh well. Some days you just can't win for losing. :)

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Trinkka's mods
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata