Lineman's Rolling Hitch 005
I call this hitch the "Lineman's Rolling Hitch."  I doubt if you'll find this one in the knot books or anywhere else on the web.  It's easy to tie and has a million uses.  You can tie this hitch and move the rope coils forward or back but once you pull on the standing part of the line, she tightens right up.   This hitch tied around an 1/8" stay with 3/16" braid will not slide once the strain is applied to the standing part of the line.   I sometimes tie a single sheave to this line and use it to hoist my shower bag up high on my back stay.  
I found this hitch to be useful in securing my CDI Furler vinyl luff to my Gin Pole when raising/lowering my mast.   Check out my mast raising/lowering album for pics of this.
 It's a great hitch.
Joe11688

Lineman's Rolling Hitch 005 I call this hitch the "Lineman's Rolling Hitch." I doubt if you'll find this one in the knot books or anywhere else on the web. It's easy to tie and has a million uses. You can tie this hitch and move the rope coils forward or back but once you pull on the standing part of the line, she tightens right up. This hitch tied around an 1/8" stay with 3/16" braid will not slide once the strain is applied to the standing part of the line. I sometimes tie a single sheave to this line and use it to hoist my shower bag up high on my back stay. I found this hitch to be useful in securing my CDI Furler vinyl luff to my Gin Pole when raising/lowering my mast. Check out my mast raising/lowering album for pics of this. It's a great hitch.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
The Lineman's Rolling Hitch
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata