Here I am feeling weird to be chopping a hole in the strip-planked boat I helped build when I was 16-17.  This is the 2012 bow-thruster hole for the new owner of the C44 plug, 'hull 0', from which Cherubini Boat's first molds were taken (this boat launched the type and the company).  This was meant to be my dad's own boat and had the whole interior and deck layout he and I had conceived for it before my uncle, having made his molds from it, sold it as scrap to a hydraulics engineer who took 6 years to finish it into a functional yacht-- the boat my dad should have had.  The guy even named it 'Ecstasy', which was sort of a kick in the teeth.  Poignant work, doing all this.

23 Apr 2012
DianaOfBurlington

Here I am feeling weird to be chopping a hole in the strip-planked boat I helped build when I was 16-17. This is the 2012 bow-thruster hole for the new owner of the C44 plug, 'hull 0', from which Cherubini Boat's first molds were taken (this boat launched the type and the company). This was meant to be my dad's own boat and had the whole interior and deck layout he and I had conceived for it before my uncle, having made his molds from it, sold it as scrap to a hydraulics engineer who took 6 years to finish it into a functional yacht-- the boat my dad should have had. The guy even named it 'Ecstasy', which was sort of a kick in the teeth. Poignant work, doing all this. 23 Apr 2012

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
White Angel Yacht Specialties
Added by
DianaOfBurlington
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata