DSC01384  This pic shows my port quarter birth compartment.  I keep all my can goods, and other food items in these 2.5 gal. plastic containers.  I have three compartments on each side of the boat and in order to get at the two on each side that I use the most, I need to raise the mattress on that side and hold it with my head while I take the containers out of the compartment, which gets is to be a pain in the butt.  
I want to recover these mattresses with new material as soon as I can find some material that I like, cheap. 

My latest brain storm is to cut these mattress foams in half which will make it a lot easer to move out of the way to get at each of the two compartments on both sides of the boat.  I can keep them joined with Velcro, as I have omitted the mattress under the cockpit on my boat.  This is an idea that I've been kicking around for a while and I think it's doable.
Joe11688

DSC01384 This pic shows my port quarter birth compartment. I keep all my can goods, and other food items in these 2.5 gal. plastic containers. I have three compartments on each side of the boat and in order to get at the two on each side that I use the most, I need to raise the mattress on that side and hold it with my head while I take the containers out of the compartment, which gets is to be a pain in the butt. I want to recover these mattresses with new material as soon as I can find some material that I like, cheap. My latest brain storm is to cut these mattress foams in half which will make it a lot easer to move out of the way to get at each of the two compartments on both sides of the boat. I can keep them joined with Velcro, as I have omitted the mattress under the cockpit on my boat. This is an idea that I've been kicking around for a while and I think it's doable.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
New mods in the cabin
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata