006 A marine welder looked at my mast and told me, "to fix that mast, the labor alone would be about $300."   I thought to myself, "I don't think so." 
My mast is Z-Spar and they don't make a casting for this mast that would work for me.  He told me that I'd have to cut at least 2" off the bottom of my mast.  I would need to make up 2.25".  
When you have a problem like this you need to think outside of the box.  He's thinking, "weld" with dollar signs rolling around in his eyes, and I'm thinking, "just make up 2.25" between the mast and the upper hinge plate."
That board under my Tabernacle is a piece of Trex that I used to replace the old Teak board that I had under it.
I use stainless steel wood screws to secure the extrusion to the mast.  I'm also using Nylon washer to insulate the screws along with a small dab of Never-Seize.
Joe11688

006 A marine welder looked at my mast and told me, "to fix that mast, the labor alone would be about $300." I thought to myself, "I don't think so." My mast is Z-Spar and they don't make a casting for this mast that would work for me. He told me that I'd have to cut at least 2" off the bottom of my mast. I would need to make up 2.25". When you have a problem like this you need to think outside of the box. He's thinking, "weld" with dollar signs rolling around in his eyes, and I'm thinking, "just make up 2.25" between the mast and the upper hinge plate." That board under my Tabernacle is a piece of Trex that I used to replace the old Teak board that I had under it. I use stainless steel wood screws to secure the extrusion to the mast. I'm also using Nylon washer to insulate the screws along with a small dab of Never-Seize.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Trinkka's mods
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata