Yuginots on the hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2010
Hunter Cherubini 37 Cutter Portland, ME
Hello all. Hauled out the boat yesterday. It does not look too bad. The yard told me about a bottom paint removal process through blasting a substance that clumps as it removes, costing around $2,000. Also have any of you used a bottom paint stripper? What system do any of you recommend? What total process would you recommend? Also, there is some groinding damage to the bottom front of the keel. It looks like a bit of filler was broken off showing the lead. What is the best repair method to perform. Here is some pics, one showing the failed prop

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
My soda blast cost was $650. for hull and keel. The buildup on the keel took longer than they had calculated. The first time, 1999, I did the job by hand with a paint scraper. Took it down to bare gelcoat to apply barrier-coat. I didn't do the keel at the time which is why I did the whole boat this time.

Are you sure that you need to strip her? If the paint is not too bad and you don't have blisters then maybe just a good sanding and a good ablative.

Status
Not open for further replies.