Wanted: Trailer for Catalina 27

Oct 18, 2013
Catalina 27 Vernon, BC (Okanagan Lake)
I am looking to buy a trailer for my 1988 Catalina 27 with shoal keel. Is there anybody out there with one to sell? I live in the San Francisco Bay area.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I would try Craigslist or even Ebay Motors. Last resort would be a trailer manufacture. Catalina trailers are a common item.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I have a CATALINA 27 shoal draft on a tandem axle trailer. Towed it from Pa to MdR Ca in 2010. It trailed well though heavy for my F250. The trailer lasted 7 years before rotting out from the inside. The trailer was made of rectangular tubing. Finding another used one that would work was not easy.So I had one made by Baja Boat Trailers in Garden Grove. For $6500 I got a galvanized trailer with disc brakes and a 12' extension. They made it to my spec and did a great job of it.
I made a couple of mods I moved the spare tire to the bow post. I have a 5' aluminum channel that I run from the dock to the tire. I can walk out to the spare to hook up the winch to the bow eye, without getting my feet wet. I used to change into waders.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
@caguy did you use dimensions from the old trailer? Or perhaps you found dimensions on the internet?

Oct 18, 2013
Catalina 27 Vernon, BC (Okanagan Lake)
Thank you everyone. I am ordering one from Loadmaster in Port Clinton, OH. Second choice was Triad in Raleigh, NC which is further away from me.