Registered users don't see ads

Trailer measurements

Discussion in 'Sirius 21/22' started by Bartman99, Mar 3, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Bartman99

Joined Sep 29, 2017
    7 posts, 0 likes
    looking looking
    US virginia virginia
    I am going to be the new to me owner of a Sirius 21. The boat does not have a trailer but I do have a old tandem wheel boat trailer. Does anyone have the measurements available for the bunk height and width and any other measurements? How should the keel be supported?

2. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    1,591 posts, 588 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH Littleton, NH
    hello Bartman99,
    Here's a link that might help a little.
    Sailboat data lists the displacement at 2000 lbs. The ballast is listed at around 535 lbs but that would be a very heavy CB, more like 150 to 200 for the CB, just a guess. A 2x board down the center of the trailer should work for support of the CB.
    Can't help with the rest but bunks are the way to go instead of rollers.

- Will (Dragonfly)

3. dsims

Joined Sep 22, 2017
    9 posts, 2 likes
    Sirius 21
    US Iowa Clear Lake
    The centerboard of the Sirius 21 is indeed 500 lbs of cast iron swing keel. My trailer has rubber rollers that I lower the keel onto once on the trailer. The bunks are just high enough that the keel clears when fully retracted, but you want to lower it down once on the trailer to reduce strain.

Will Gilmore likes this.

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.
Ready-made sheets and halyards
Now faster than ever, our calculator tells you what sizes you need.
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!