Trailer measurements

Sep 29, 2017
Sirius 21 virginia
I am going to be the new to me owner of a Sirius 21. The boat does not have a trailer but I do have a old tandem wheel boat trailer. Does anyone have the measurements available for the bunk height and width and any other measurements? How should the keel be supported?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
hello Bartman99,
Here's a link that might help a little.
http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?CLASS_ID=170
Sailboat data lists the displacement at 2000 lbs. The ballast is listed at around 535 lbs but that would be a very heavy CB, more like 150 to 200 for the CB, just a guess. A 2x board down the center of the trailer should work for support of the CB.
Can't help with the rest but bunks are the way to go instead of rollers.

- Will (Dragonfly)

dsims

Sep 22, 2017
Sirius 21 Clear Lake
The centerboard of the Sirius 21 is indeed 500 lbs of cast iron swing keel. My trailer has rubber rollers that I lower the keel onto once on the trailer. The bunks are just high enough that the keel clears when fully retracted, but you want to lower it down once on the trailer to reduce strain.

May 8, 2022
Sirius 21 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hello, hopefully you got your trailer stuff sorted. I am a new Sirius 21 owner, and I need help with operating the swing keel. How do you lower the keel? I was able to crank up the keel slightly before launching the boat in the water, but now when I turn the winch the other way nothing happens. the winch handle simply rotates freely with no tension on it at all. Is there some kind of clutch/brake or a lever that needs to be moved? Any help would be appreciated.