Registered users don't see ads
  1. Kermit

Kermit

Joined Jul 31, 2010
    3,248 posts, 604 likes
    Hunter 260
    US Sumter, SC Lake Murray Sailing Club, SC
    Old sailors never die. They just smell that way.

freeheelbillie likes this.
  2. Terry Cox

Terry Cox

Joined Dec 25, 2000
    2,620 posts, 128 likes
    Hunter Passage 42
    US Shelter Bay, WA
    Sorry I missed you John. Ash Wednesday evening mass took priority. Other than an overnighter, not much chance to get out until towards the end of June. Then out on the water for July and August, hopefully. Not sure where yet. I'll keep you posted.

jssailem likes this.
  3. peacheykeen

peacheykeen

Joined Dec 8, 2013
    18 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 34
    Ca Torointo
    At 67 and have been sailing for 35 years, I've always postulated that if I can't climb
    over the lifelines it will be time to quit. My 32' steel cutter-rig (Canada) and Hunter34(Fl) are keeping me fit as well as a heavy bicycle. As others have noted here, keep moving, keep living. Sitting is deadly so ditch the Lazyboy recliner.
    I want to wear out, not rust out.

4. freeheelbillie

freeheelbillie

Joined Sep 19, 2016
    102 posts, 13 likes
    Catalina 30
    US Mi Port Sanilac
    If you didn't know when you were born, how old would you be? Tomorrow never comes, so enjoy every moment they are fleeting.

5. Terry Cox

Terry Cox

Joined Dec 25, 2000
    2,620 posts, 128 likes
    Hunter Passage 42
    US Shelter Bay, WA
    Thank you all for your generous contributions, insights and inspirational comments. This post really struck a cord here with so many out there either approaching there time or at least thinking about it. Not to worry as father time tends to kind of sneak up on us and when we're least expecting it, well...

So, my new normal is 80, which is six years away. That leaves me lots of time to enjoy Belle-Vie and all that she and the PNW waters have to offer. Then again that time of father may decide to sneak up on me and say, well...times up skipper.

I do hope that all this chatter has helped you on your quest to keep your spirits up, charging your battery when things get low and pushing that father time envelope. Goodness knows it arrives way too soon so it seems.

Rick D likes this.

Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.
NEW, updated Get Rid of Boat Odors
The bible of marine toilets and plumbing, expanded and updated for 2016!
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!