Sun Gypsy 2019 Cruise

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
few oysters for us ferners.
Hear that @LeslieTroyer experienced a Gendarme dust up while exploring the oyster beds in the Gulf islands. Came in on High Powered Speed boat circled causing ghastly wake and left in a show of force.

It seemed almost like they don't want the "Ferners" playing with their oysters.

Oct 22, 2014
He said it looked like a gun boat. I would suspect the R.C.M.P.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Should be some left for you if you hurry!
I'm surprised that Les left any after trolling the area. Hope to trip up there again before he beats me to what's left. Should have been like my mom with her secret wild blackberry patches. Always held them very very tight to the chest lest the invaders and interlopers take over.:poke:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Should have been like my mom with her secret wild blackberry patches. Always held them very very tight to the chest lest the invaders and interlopers take over.
Was your mom from New England? We never discuss location or amounts of gathered berries, fiddleheads, mushrooms, crawfish, etc. with even family further out thanks children and parents.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
she raised us kids while dad worked in the woods.
No that explains a lot. Why you some time get that wild lumberjack look in your eyes...;)

You come by it naturally.
Regrettably it is a look that is fading from the Pacific NW. :what:

Dec 25, 2000
Regrettably it is a look that is fading from the Pacific NW.
For sure, John. Shingle mills, lumber mills, paper mills were abundant during my growing up years. My first real job after delivering papers and repairing sticks was with Weyehaeuser's Raymond lumber and planer mill. Very little there anymore.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Shingle mills, lumber mills, paper mills were abundant during my growing up years. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Very little there anymore.
Ah, I live close to Crofton and pass it when I go north. So much tannin in the water I have to clean a mustache off my bows when I return. And the debris in the water... Come on up and visit the "Good Old Days," Terry! :)

Dec 25, 2000
Good Old Days," Terry!
Soon, very soon. There is just something so special about the smell of fresh cut fir and cedar lumber. Ahhhh!

During our 2015 cruise north to see Spirit Bear, we (Colin) picked up crew (Martina) in Secret Cove. The woman who provided the crew, her name is Elizabeth Koll. She and her husband Fred purchased a thirty foot hull and finished it inside and out for their new cruising pilot house sail boat named Chase. Fred passed away many years ago and Elizabeth is in her 90s now, but she talks fondly of their many times in Boho Bay and northern waters over the years and the succulents they feasted upon. Michael's recent comment about staying in Boho Bay reminded me of the memories she shared with us during our visits. A very special woman.

And, under threat of life or limb, I'm not going to mention anything about whether you can find any of those succulents in Tucker Bay, either. Just say'n.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Four days in Comox. A bit of rain and some gale force winds and good times visiting friends.ss
9C6C4CA0-5F26-4FE1-8F57-7E8146A945AD.jpeg Sun Gypsy at the Fisherman’s. Wharf. Had a local diver scrub the bottom and change the zincs while we were here.
155802D1-977A-4F4B-A235-72160FF6DD64.jpeg As you can tell from the back ground the pub is not far from the docks.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
8FD789FA-D984-4923-A46F-73DD5B3690AF.jpeg At Drew Harbour, Rebeca Spit today. Not very crowded before the summer starts.
E740DD3C-94ED-4774-876C-0F4C23A4A97B.jpeg Looking toward Taku and Heriot Bay. We will take the afternoon slack through Beasley Passage to the Octopus Islands latter today.

Dec 25, 2000
Rebeca Spit today
Wonderful place, Michael. Harvested there some of the largest oysters ever. Big as dinner plates, I kid you not. Heck of a time getting them open. Thought they would be tough. Nope. Just as succulent as the smaller ones.