Snow

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Well, it seems that spring finally has come to Chicago-land!

I launched today, and was the first sailboat in, and one of only 5 other boats (including a few charter fishing boats).

I hope things thaw out for those farther north !

6E3F4960-76BB-4C9E-9753-7CF4C8863379.jpeg

Greg

Oct 30, 2017
Catalina c 27 Lake Pueblo
while the warmer weather is nice here, the increased idiots had me wishing for colder weather this last weekend.
I had a ski boat overtake me then cut in front of me, the skier went down 60 yards dead in front of me.

then returning to the marina another idiot overtook me on the starboard side and cut left in front of meat less than 10 yards.

oh well, at least the weather was nice... but it is official out here... the idiots have arrived in numbers.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
the weather was nice... but it is official out here... the idiots have arrived in numbers.
Same here. This was yesterday at Lake Boca by the Boca Raton Inlet.

I understand they had one drowning death there yesterday. Liquor and idiots on boats don't mix well!! Luckily, we were offshore racing at the time.
2018-04-29 20.47.42.jpg

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
all of the north channel of lake huron is still covered with ice. sturgeon bay is still covered in ice. thou down town is open. german brown trout and northern pike are extra tasty right now. best time to catch these in sturgeon bay is now

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Well, it seems that spring finally has come to Chicago-land!

I launched today, and was the first sailboat in, and one of only 5 other boats (including a few charter fishing boats).

I hope things thaw out for those farther north !

View attachment 149379

Greg
After 16 inches of solid ice on Sunday, it’s gone today. Ice out. Amazing.

We launch tomorrow. Would had gone in today but Kenny Chesney awaits tonight.